Click HERE for 2013 Request for Proposals for Jefferson County Community Foundation Endowment Grant.
Jefferson County Community Foundation may make grants from the Community Endowment to nonprofits in the areas of:
- Arts and culture
- Health and human services
- Organizational capacity building
- Special initiatives
Jefferson County Community Foundation does not fund:
- Projects outside of Jefferson County, except for Donor Advised recommendations which may extend beyond Jefferson County
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief
- Religious purposes (organizations with religious affiliations will be considered for grants only if their activities address the needs of the wider community without regard to religious beliefs; programs may not contain content or activities that aim to proselytize participants or are experienced as such, even when participation in such programming or activities is voluntary)
- Fundraising events such as walk-a-thons, tournaments, auctions and general fundraising solicitations
Annually, JCCF holds the Grantmaker’s Forum. A community forum for learning the art and craft of grantwriting. The annual grants from the community endowment are granted through this process. JCCF requests proposals (RFP) from local nonprofits in the spring. The RFP is announced in the Leader, through a nonprofit constant contacts email newsletter and on the website. Nonprofit organizations then request the guidelines which outline the timeline and process for submission and review.